June 1, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, we have remained committed to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority of our practice. Our infection control processes are designed with safety and comfort as a priority during treatment. Let us share the infection control procedures we follow to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies to stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance issued. This is important so that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may observe changes at your next appointment. These changes were implemented to protect our patients and staff. For example:
NEW APPOINTMENT PROCESS
- Please arrive to your appointment 5 minutes early and wait in your car. Call to check in and notify us of your arrival at (920)743-6911.
- Please wait in your vehicle until we return your call that we are ready for you to enter the office for your appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask COVID19 screening questions.
- When you enter the office, a digital thermometer will be used to check your temperature. If any COVID19 questions are a “YES” or if you are found to have a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees, we will be required to reschedule your appointment to ensure the safety of all patients and our team.
- We have hand sanitizer to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment.
- Please contact our office if COVID19 symptoms appear within the upcoming 14 days of your scheduled appointment or following your dental appointment.
- You may see that our reception area no longer offers magazines, children’s toys etc., since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
OTHER SAFETY MEASURES
- Medical Grade HEPA filtering Air purifier units have been installed.
- We are allowing more time between appointments, causing fewer available appointment times.
- For the immediate future, our reception area will be closed for seating.
- To help us with our social distancing measures, we ask that you come alone to your appointment. The exceptions to this rule are for children and disabled patients. However, we do ask that only a single parent or legal guardian bring their child or disabled patient to the scheduled appointment and that no other children are brought to the appointment. If you are unable to attend your appointment alone or if your appointment time doesn’t allow you to bring a single child, please let us know; we will assist you in rescheduling your appointment at a time convenient for you.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and avoid multiple patients in the reception area during check-out.
- According to CDC and DHS recommendations and guidelines we will not be using the ultrasonic scaling device during hygiene appointments to reduce aerosols emitted during a procedure.
- Our team will be wearing full personal protective equipment including KN95 facemasks, gloves, gowns, and goggles or shields for everyone’s protection.
- We promise to keep smiling behind our PPE!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back! We will be contacting you as soon as our schedules permit to reschedule the appointments that were canceled due to the COVID19 Pandemic.
Door County Dental Care
Regan M. Luders, D.D.S Tyler J. Hubbard D.D.S. Door County Dental Care Staff